mercredi 28 novembre 2012

Art, Stories and Conversations

For November 20th.

On this particular class, I really enjoyed the story performed to us. Because to a certain point, that's what every class is. That and exchange and connection through conversation. But the story (or rather a story) of contemporary painting in Canada was one I had never really heard before, and I was very glad to finally hear some of the conversation around the once controversial "death of painting". I'm glad everyone got over it, and that it stayed alive!

I have been paying closer attention lately to stories and conversations whether they be in the form of song, poetry, short stories, art shows or lectures. Here are a couple of fabulous examples:

Spoken word poetry
Sarah Kay


Andrea Gibson


Guante


Oh Canada, at MASS MoCA
Atlantic (Sackville!) artists part of the larger national and international art conversation through MASS MoCA's show Oh, Canada! 

Andrea Mortson
DC Awake


Graham Patterson
Hockey Organ



Musical Stories
Some favorites of mine. They enchant me every time, so I hope you enjoy!

Civil Wars


Bernhoft


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire